Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Day 25 - Goodbyes

Checking out was our main task for the morning but even doing that was tough going after only having a few hours zzz. We managed to make it to the ferry with plenty of time but when it came time to board I showed them my sticker which our driver had got for us but they told me I needed a ticket also which I was adamant the driver hadn't given back to me. I got really angry saying "how can I have the sticker if I haven't paid?!" but they would have none of it so after holding up the boat for a good few minutes I paid another 350 baht for a new ticket. I sat down next to Sean on the boat and he asked if I was ok and that was the end of me - two hours sleep + ticket troubles (again) = an upset Tui. Poor Sean handled it well and I eventually calmed down. It wasn't the money at all it was just the principle! Anyway, I'm now certain I'm going to find the ticket in my bag but I'm too scared to actually look!
After a fairly bumpy ride across to Koh Tao I bid farewell to my new great friends, Roger, Sean and Niall. I'd been very fortunate that they'd been kind enough to let me doss down in their bungalow for the week, welcoming me with both arms and becoming comfortable enough with me over that time to consider me one of the "lads". I'll definitely be paying them a visit in Ireland next year provided they've returned from there year long trip that is!
It started pouring in Koh Tao from pretty much the moment I arrived, right through our open air taxi trip up to the resort and only just stopping in time for me to wander along the beach to find a place to eat. Fingers crossed that'll be it for the rain now as it'd be a bit of a bummer having to do my PADI in the rain!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is quite effective however it has disadvantages. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry Tote Bags[/url] He thought that he could succeed with his extensive sales experience. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose[/url] Tnnuhqdjg
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora uk[/url] Nqekziapb [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose jackets[/url] zpxxradvb

The travel diary of a kiwi gal who loves to spread her wings and explore the globe