Saturday, February 23, 2008

Day 22 - Mellow Bar

While the lads slept for half the day as usual, I went on the net to get a more up to date with the Blog. When they finally got up and we'd eaten I dragged them all into coming for a walk with me down the end of the beach instead of our usual lazy day spent lying on the sand. Well they even managed to enjoy themselves amazingly, although that could have been due to the fact that there were scores of topless European women sunbathing along the way.
We thought were were about due to hit Haad Rin again that night so we fed ourselves at Coco Hut before taxiing the 20 minutes to the party mecca of the island. Our destination of choice for the evening was the Mellow Bar up in the rocks at the end of the beach which had an awesome deck overlooking the whole beach. The bar lived up to its name and so we chilled out there for a few hours before making our way down to the beach to meet up with some of the lads friends from home.
Well it was an interesting evening is all I'll really say. I wasn't really feeling myself and so while the boys attempted to party and chat up girls on the beach I just sat and observed the whole scene playing out before me. It was a sight to behold I tell you. It's actually quite depressing seeing thousands of people absolutely off their faces having no idea what they're doing. But something that you've got to see and do on Koh Phangan all the same.

No comments:

The travel diary of a kiwi gal who loves to spread her wings and explore the globe