Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Day 7 - Chang Mai

Another morning of me being a wimp at my hostel breakfast and not speaking to anyone before I checked out and headed to the Domestic Airport for my flight to Chang Mai.
I got there with plenty of time to spare due to my taxi driver being pretty radical a driver and weaving his way between all the traffic at 100km an hour the whole way, regardless of how many cars surrounding us at a slower speed. I was wishing the car had seatbelts!
Flying into Chang Mai it was immediately apparent that it was nowhere near the hustling and bustling city that Bangkok is.
After sorting out my tour and checking into my somewhat divey hostel it was time to take to the streets to check things out. I ended up wandering the Night Bazaar markets for a few hours and surprisingly didn't buy a single thing. A lot of the stuff is pretty tacky and cheap looking although plenty of the bags caught my eye but I'm just trying not to weigh my pack down with items until as late into the trip as possible.
Feeling a bit homesick due to not having met anyone yet and therefore feeling a bit lonely, I jumped on the net and sent of some emails and did a bit of blog updating before getting my first tuk tuk ride back to my hostel. It was fairly uneventful but a good way to take in the city at night as I wasn't game to walk through the streets alone after dark.

No comments:

The travel diary of a kiwi gal who loves to spread her wings and explore the globe