Saturday, February 23, 2008

Day 20 - The Reggae Bar

After our killer late night we didn't roll out of bed till about 1 in the arvo and we just had lunch and lazed about with Lisa and Trev before hitting the drinks again about 6. Eventually we got ourselves together and ventured out to the Reggae Bar about half way around the island where we enjoyed a meal and a the vibe of the bar.
We'd asked a taxi to come get us at midnight and we still had an hour or so to go so we wandered down the hill in search of the beach. Well, what a beach it was! We all just sat around completely mesmerized by the beauty of it. It made me wish I had a better camera just so I could take some decent photos of it. And of course while we were there I had to get my photo on what was my third swing for the day. I must be the chairman of the International Swingers Club by now!
After relaxing there soaking up the stunning picture before us we headed back up for our taxi which was a no show but a guy from the bar gave us a ride back on his ute which did have seats but no sides like the usual taxis. Well half of the group were completely paranoid the whole way home that we were going to fall off or crash. The whole way home I was just looking around in wonder at the situation I was in, keeping wanting to pinch myself as it just didn't seem quite real. A very memorable night with so so many laughs.

No comments:

The travel diary of a kiwi gal who loves to spread her wings and explore the globe