Monday, February 4, 2008

Day 2 - Still at home?

Day two was almost like I was back home again. It was spent hanging out with family, patting horses, going to the beach, texting friends, getting a fringe trim, having a BBQ and playing drinking games. Not the kind of things I would have expected to be doing on my second day into my big OE! But no complaints.
The thing that kept reminding me just where I was though was the endless Kiwi / Aussie battles over our bloody language differnces and slag. Duvet / Duna, Txt / SMS, Jandals / Thongs, Chilly Bin / Eski, Sunbathe / Sunbake, Right / Wrong. Another amusing incident was when I picked that one of the drinking game contestants has some kiwi blood in him. I had a lot of fun teasing him with the fact that I could tell because he looks like he had some Maori blood in him. This horrified him as Maoris have quite the rep over here for being pretty crazy people.

No comments:

The travel diary of a kiwi gal who loves to spread her wings and explore the globe