Thursday, March 6, 2008

Day 31 - Shop, Shop, Shopping

Ali and I split a cab into the city where I got out at my hostel I'd booked just off Koh San Road. My room wasn't going to be ready till 11ish so I only had about six hours to kill! It went by surprisingly quickly after something to eat and some wandering about the surrounding area. I even managed to find a store that sold some white sandshoes exactly like I'd been wanting.
I also braved a hairdresser to recolour my regrowth. To my half horror, half amusement, after the woman had washed out the colour my roots were a nice orange colour. I pointed out to her that I didn't think it'd worked to which she said it was fine but after a few minutes she conceded that maybe yes it needed redoing. So another half an hour later my hair was finally all the same colour again.
Next was dentist time. There I got a checkup, a clean, four fillings and whitening done. The whitening was actually quite painful but was worth it in the end as you can definitely notice a difference afterwards, and being so cheap it was well worth it.
By this time my room was ready so I was able to dump my pack there and head to MBK for some serious shopping time. It took me a while to get into it as it was all a bit overwhelming to being with, the six levels of madness and all. But once I got into the swing of it I was away, in the end coming out with a jacket, bag, jeans and 4 shirts. Still not a load of stuff but a decent amount for a few hours of shopping.
I had a delicious dinner from a street vendor that night then was in bed fairly early after the last few nights lack of sleep having caught up with me.

No comments:

The travel diary of a kiwi gal who loves to spread her wings and explore the globe