Thursday, March 6, 2008

Day 30 - Bye, Bye Koh Tao

My last morning on Koh Tao was spent soaking up some sun since it'd finally decided to show its face after the last four days having been overcast. Not really enough sun to top up my tan to be back to Koh Lanta standard though.
I'd ended up having to go on the slow ferry as the faster one was fully booked but it ended up being quite pleasant as I just lay out on the bow of the boat and slept/read/listened to my ipod/took photos. It was a lovely afternoon/evening so was a beautiful way to end my time on the islands.
Our bus transfer from the pier to the bus station was quite amusing as they packed us into a rickety windowless bus like sardines with three benches down the length of it so everyone was very much in each others personal space, needless to say there were a lot of averted eyes for the journey.
We had a three hour wait at the station so myself and two brits went and found an interesting little retro type cafe and had a meal before wandering the markets next door trying out some delicious mini sweet roti sort of things. At about 9 we took another bus to our big bus which turned out to be quite luxurious with fold out leg rests, blankets, TV's and food and drink delivered around to us all. My journey was fairly painless as I had a sleeping pill after an hour or two which knocked me out till about an hour out of Bangkok.

No comments:

The travel diary of a kiwi gal who loves to spread her wings and explore the globe