Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sayonara

I'm told that Andrew was sure my blog was going to be all about him so I thought I'd better make his day and dedicate a post to him, specially since he is about to fly the coop and all.

First of all, I would just like to say thank you for being an incredibly bad influence on me. Not only did you mange to influence the increase of my cigarette intake back up to what it was in my early teenage years, but you also succeeded in rubbing some of your recreational drug taking habit off onto me. Mind you, it probably was about time I put down my halo and tried out a few new things..

But in all seriousness, it just won't be the same without you around... Who will help me eat all my breakfast/lunch/dinner; spin all our crockery; share my pineapple juice with me; help me get firewood; tell us which Gardenia product we just saw; come and watch Dunc play at Carpark with me; be (almost) as bad as me at mountain biking; hate subway with me; leave joy bar wrappers in our light fittings; eat all my baking? Who, I say?! I think I can safely say that no one will ever be able to fill those size 13 New Balance shoes of yours that have been such a permanent fixture in the lives of us Brown Street inhabitants.

Sayonara, arrivederci, au revoir, hasta la vista - you will be missed by all of us here on the land of the long white cloud. I do hope the Northern Hemisphere takes good care of you and appreciates your company as much as we do.

No comments:

The travel diary of a kiwi gal who loves to spread her wings and explore the globe