Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Ideal Job

The other night, Jessie asked me what my ideal job would be. I was unable to come up with a real answer on the spot but it got me thinking...
At the time, all I was able to decide on was that I would love to do something that I was doing for the enjoyment and not for the money. But then you could actually divide the answer into two different categories really, one being ideal in job satisfaction and one that is ideal in monetary return while still enjoying the job, possibly not as much as others that don't pay as well. So I guess the way to get a real answer is to think what job would be ideal, pretending that I would get paid an ideal amount regardless of the profession.
A couple of things I used to want to be (in order of age) were:
  1. Flight Attendant
  2. Actress
  3. Judge
  4. Psychotherapist
  5. Artist
  6. Journalist

Never did I want to be a Loans Analyst. Oops! Half of that list are on the creative side and I think that is a definite sign of something. I've just come to the conclusion that if I am ever to go to university that my ideal degree would probably be something to do with media. English, media studies & drama were all favourites of mine at school and I think the combination of all three possibly equate to something within the realms of journalism.

Well, well, well, thanks Jessie for getting me thinking about what the hell I want to do with my life. No doubt I will come home from my O.E with completely different ideas of where I am headed but for now I'm going to endeavour to pay more attention to the world of media.

No comments:

The travel diary of a kiwi gal who loves to spread her wings and explore the globe