Monday, June 25, 2007

Realisation

I have turned into a bit of a hermit of late, due to a combination of wanting to stay at home with my new beau and not wanting to face the cold weather outside while standing in line for clubs freezing our tits off (quite literally). Well Saturday night I decided that enough was enough and I needed to break my hermit habits and get out amongst things.

Well we definitely got out and amongst it but it wasn't quite how I had imagined my evening. First of all we bumped into my ex's brother in the line for Asta which probably wasn't an ideal start to my evening. Next up we ran into an old friend that we probably would have preferred not to see, as him and his friends were less than desirable companions for the evening. Then there just seemed to be a stream of loser guys continually trying their luck with us throughout the evening which began to wear very thin. I am usually pretty tolerant of guys and their lame pickup lines but I was blown away with the patheticness of the guys we encountered on this particular night. There was however ONE decent looking guy that I noticed but then on closer inspection I noticed his guy friend behind him getting closer and closer and then began err grinding him.. The hottest/most interesting looking guy in the bar was gay. Typical.

While looking around the bar at the various patrons I came to the realisation that 90% of the guys in that bar were people that we would not want to meet or have any sort of relationship with whether it be friendship or god forbid anything more than that. And so it dawned on me that in general, guys that like house music and go to these clubs are what can only be described as cockheads. I do concede that there is the other 10% that I'm sure are good guys who have either been dragged out with their idiot friends or are just the kind of people that don't care where they are as long as they are having a good time and not just out trying to score. But I definitely think that as a general rule, if you are single you will NOT find a decent guy who you will actually ever want to see again at one of these type places.

Upon realisation of this, new beau (who was at the time at a hip hop gig) received the following text "It's official, you are amazing and all guys that listen to house are cockheads".

So I have decided it is time to find a new way to spend our Saturday nights... any suggestions
?

No comments:

The travel diary of a kiwi gal who loves to spread her wings and explore the globe