Monday, January 14, 2008

I'll be missing you

With a measly 17 sleeps left till I leave, the panic is starting to set in. My visa arrived last week so being able to hold that in my hot little hands made it all begin to feel real and exciting. Unfortunately since then though that excitement has largely been overpowered by waves of sadness when I think about how many things I'm going to miss... mountain biking with my parents, partying with Renee, Wednesday dinners with Jessie, D'n'B with Duncan, Sunday night chats with Celine, Mission Bay walks with Kate - all things that became regular routine for my 2007 year and were the main contributors to making it my best year yet. Not to mention all the New Zealand lovelies I'll miss. Ponsonby cafe's, the west coast beaches, Tairua and South Head being the obvious favourites.

Along with waves of sadness the waves of panic have been fairly prominent, especially a few weeks ago when my departure date kept creeping closer and closer and my list was getting longer and longer without me having ticked barely anything off. Thankfully as of tomorrow I'll have ticked off all bar one of my to do's which I hope will mean the waves of panic will subside. It is amazing how quickly things come together once the pressure is on I must say (admittedly, having an abundance of spare time at work helps too).

So really, I guess all that is left to do is to party the hell out of the next two weekends! Lets hope my leaving party on Saturday is a success and gin will definitely be off the menu otherwise I'll be awash in tears all too easily. There will be more than enough of that from me at the airport... Ugh.

No comments:

The travel diary of a kiwi gal who loves to spread her wings and explore the globe